Thursday, May 21, 2020

Off My Back: Gin & Bitter Lemon Safari

Mr & Mrs Cagney - 1955 by Eve Arnold






The very generous Giuseppe, from An Affordable Wardrobe , gave me this tie during a recent visit to NYC. It seems made for an early '90s Willis & Geiger shirt that's been in the back of my closet some 14 years. And while I'm just about khaki'ed out, I thought it deserved mention for the end of twill and drill week.

Throw on the safari gear 'cause you're gonna have to do some exploring for this mixer. The Canada Dry is out there but it doesn't come close to Schweppes. One bottle like this one, just enough for a drink, is almost $2 at Myers of Kenswick but it's worth it. Not unlike a G&T, a G&BL is smoother and not as crisp but perfect for Summer nights up on the roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment