Sunday, March 29, 2020

1950's Chicks: Models

Fashion's Folly was published in 1954 by Leslie Lieber and Toni Miller. The authors of this book, "devoted themselves with modest restraint to the gentle pricking of the pearl encrusted balloon of High Fashion." Hence, their charming captions for these photos shot by Carl Perutz. I'm betting my readers have some of their own captions. Feel free to leave any restraint behind.


"Okay, c'mon -- but I tell you I'm not ticklish.

"I don't care how many degrees you have, doctor. Your couch is too short!"

"I figure if Gussie Moran can do it..."

"Nobody leaves until the dishes are done!"

"Did I object when you brought home those goldfish?"

"I'm terribly sorry about your rug, darling!"

"I can't understand why the Salvation Army band couldn't use me."
"Hey, Joe! Is this where you want me to load it?"

"Jaguars - Jaguars...that's all he ever sends me!"

"Poor George! He fell overboard and can't swim a stroke!"
Tomorrow: 1960's Chicks: UNC 1968

No comments:

Post a Comment