Sunday, March 22, 2020

London 1990














Everyone walks and everyone talks and sometimes their teeth look bad.
But I was made for London - It's the only home I've had.
Biscuits and tea and cards at three. Or is it four? Who cares.
I bought the store.

Harvey & Hudson. Poulsen & Skone. Steel Burrill Jones.
Make mine a G&T, Tony and ring the bell...when you're about to close.
To Roof Gardens for champers, Silk Cuts and dancing totty.
I was last to know that Sturge went in the potty.

Mixed grill next morning. Back bacon to boot.
Skip the beans but try the blood sausage
and pay for it with a game of spoof.

Twenty years since that job
that was a holiday.
But it stays with me always
while I look for a way...

To go back. To return. On BA to the place I love.
It won't be better than yesterday -
but at least I will have matured.

No comments:

Post a Comment